Tuesday, July 5, 2011

happy birthday {the song}

today is ashley's {my sister} birthday.
she was born exactly 1 year and 11 months before me.
she is probably the best oldest sister anyone could ask for.
she is always there to hear my problems.
she gives me great advice on life.
she tells me how to approach mom and dad about certain subjects.
she has a great fashion sense. and lets me know when i look ridiculous.
she belts in the car with me.
her voice sounds like an angel. mine does not. but she doesn't care.
she keeps me motivated in reaching my goals.
she is always there for me.
i could keep going. but i won't for the sake of you.
oh she is my best friend.

we laugh. we cry. we make time fly.
best friends are we. my sister and me.








happy birthday ash.

today i ran 7.1 miles.
i made it my goal to run the entire thing.
i was going and going and then.
get ready for what happened in the middle of my run.
ready?
a dog attacked me.
yep that is right. a little rat dog attacked me.

here is the story.
i had just hit about mile 4 and i saw a dog in a driveway.
i thought don't make eye contact and it won't follow you.
i got about 20 feet from the house when i almost hit the pavement.
i looked back to see if i hit a hole or what.
and there was the dog.
it ran in between my legs.
i tried to carry on but it kept tripping me.
my whole no eye contact plan. epic fail.
so i was pushing it towards its house saying. "go home boy" blah blah blah.
oh no this dog was not having any of that.
so i decided to be nice and walk it home.
i took it to the porch and rang the doorbell.
it kept scratching my legs.
chewing on my shoes.
and sometimes gnawing on my ankle.
i continued to ring the doorbell. still no answer.
by now it had been like 10 min.
the dog was getting more and more playful.
by playful. i mean gnawing and jumping and gnawing and jumping.
i decided my efforts were not working.
so i called my dad. no answer.
i called the home. and my sister answered.
she sent my dad on his way.
why i was still fighting. i found an old shoe.
i would try and make the dog eat the shoe. and not my shoe.
it didn't work.
then boom. lightbulb.
i took the shoe and i threw it as hard as i could into the backyard.
the dog chased it and BOOM i ran like i was being followed by kidnappers.
to make a long story short. i called my dad and told him i was fine.
i continued my run home.
it was 6.4 miles.

i then asked my little siblings if they wanted to jog around the block.
so we went on a .7 jog.
yes i ran the entire way.
except for the dog incident. 
and picking up my siblings.
if you are smarter then a 5th grader you would know that...
6.4 miles + .7 miles = 7.1 miles.
go me.

1 comment:

Chad and Ash said...

Thanks Brookie!!! That sister quote is my favorite!!! :) Love you!!!!