Saturday, November 19, 2011

happy birthday (dad.) {the song.}

dear dad,

happy birthday! i hope it is everything you hoped it would be even though i am not home to celebrate it with you.  i hope you do something real crazy and i hope your birthday cake doesn't set the fire alarm off. {you and i both know how many candles are on there :)} well dad, i just want to say thank you for everything you have done for me and for our family.  you are one of my greatest heros and i look up to you so much. thank you for teaching me how to be strong and how to stand up for my beliefs even when it is hard.  thank you for raising me in the gospel and being a worthy priesthood holder at all times, and letting me know i can always ask for a fathers blessing.  thank you for always being there and willingly listen to all my stories that i can ramble on for days, and even if you don't really care, you put on a face like you do.  thank you for sending me text messages while i am at college asking me how my day has been, it helps me know that you think of me often.  thank you for always pushing me to do my best in everything i do and helping me reach my full potential. i am so thankful that i have such an awesome dad, and i hope i can find someone to marry that is at least half as awesome as you. i love you dad.

love,
your little brookie

No comments: